The record low temperatures of 2025 finally convinced scientists world wide that the planet was undergoing global cooling. Growing ice sheets at both poles were affecting weather patterns, and this December of 2028 was no different. Arctic air from the north converging with warmer air from the west, and the usual hot air extending from the Connecticut area, swirled together in a wintry mass labeled by the media as the storm of the century, nicknamed "Gust of White" due to the projected high winds and blinding heavy snow.
"As the nation braces for the Gust of White heading(1) for its neighborhoods, millions will be pounded by the swirling mass of blinding white snow, sleet, hail, freezing rain, and an occasional shark. Repair crews from around the nation are prepared to assist in neighboring states where substantial storm damage is expected to result in extended power outages affecting millions."
|Huffman Prairie, WPAFB|
For the real facts concerning "The Triumph of Flight" monument, go to http://wrightmonument.org/
For another alternate time line, go to "What it the Wright Brothers had not experimented in flight in the early 1900's?"
Follow the puns:
1. Play on claim of first flight by Gustave Whitehead, the biggest snow job yet.
2. Play on "Magnificent Desolation" by Buzz Aldrin.
3. Orville Wright's record soaring time at Kitty Hawk, October 24th, 1911.
4. Katharine Wright taught at Steele High from 1899 through 1908.
5. Bishop Milton Wright editor of Religious Telescope at Brethren Publishing House 1869-1877.
6. Passing Wright Cycle Shop on 3rd street, and Orville's Lab on Broadway.
7. First full circle was performed in Wright Flyer III at Huffman Prairie, September 20th, 1904.
8. Circle flight witnessed by Amos Root of Gleanings with Bee Culture.
Index of Topics